Summer Symposium - Washington D.C. August 5-16, 2012
Welcome to the 32nd edition of the Summer Symposium on US Foreign Policy!
As in the past, Symposium participants from around the globe will gather in Washington, DC to discuss hot topics and meet newsmakers in International Politics.
This summer, the Osgood Center will continue with tradition in focusing this year's Summer Symposium on the 2012 Presidential Elections. Seminars and discussions will follow the foreign policy visions of both the incumbent and the republican challenger, while attempting to analyze and predict how the competing foreign policy visions will shape America's future role in the world, and the international community at-large.
Come to Washington this summer to hear what the experts think and to lend your own voice to the debates!
The Symposium features presentations and discussions on current critical issues in U.S. foreign policy, such as:
- Arms Control Diplomacy
- The Middle East
- U.S.-Iranian Relations
- International Economic Policy
- U.S. Intelligence
- U.S.-Pakistani Relations
- China, East Asia and Foreign Policy issues in the New Era
Structure of the program
- Lectures and discussions at Johns Hopkins University
- Visits and presentations at the principal U.S. Government agencies involved in foreign policy (State Department, Pentagon, the National Security Council, and the CIA)
- Discussion sessions at foreign embassies (China, India, Israel, Iraq, Egypt, and Pakistan)
Undergraduate academic credit for this program can be arranged through Alma College. Please contact Assistant Director Shawn Trumbo at email@example.com to obtain a Guest Student Application Form and instructions for applying. The program cost for the Symposium with the approved credit is $2,000.00. Housing is included.
Symposium 2011 housing will be arranged with Carlyle Suites in Downtown Washington, DC. Please arrange housing with the Osgood Center to receive tax-free group rates.
Summer Symposium on Foreign Policy Fees and Cost Sheet, no academic credit (2012)
|(Inclusive of the programs dates only. Housing between programs available for additional charge)|
Please contact us for group discounts.
POLICIES REGARDING FEES:
- Application fee - due with the application (non-refundable)
- Program fee - July 1, 2012 (not refundable after the due date)
- Housing fee (optional) - July 18, 2012 (not refundable after the due date)
WAIVER: Each student must provide his or her own medical insurance, and each student is responsible for observing the laws of Washington, D.C. and the rules and procedures of the hotel. Students must sign waivers upon arrival to the Osgood Center.
Registration for the Symposium will remain open until July 25, 2012. However, enrollment at a later date is not guaranteed due to limited space.
For more information, please contact us:
Summer Symposium on Foreign Policy
Osgood Center for International Studies
1629 K. St, NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC, 20006
or call: 202-349-1698, X11698