International Business Conference July 1-12, 2012
Welcome to the fifth edition of the International Business Conference-a ten-day exploration of the international political economy. Join students from around the world in visiting the World Bank, the IMF, the International Trade commission, and famous think tanks. Engage in conversations about the lingering effects of the international financial crisis, the emerging international economic order, and the rise of China and India. Learn about how international businesses-from cars to energy to services-are operating in today's world. Best of all, meet future leaders among the other IBC participants.
Main Features of the Conference
- Exploration of international political economy
- Visits to leading international institutions in Washington, DC such as the World Bank, the IMF, the Inter-American Development Bank, Institute for International Economics
- Hearing from Think Tank experts on economy
- The international financial recovery
- The European Debt Crisis
- Trade Disputes
- The rise of China, India, and Latin America
- The persistence of poverty in a globalized world
- Oil and the prospects for alternative energy sources in the 21st century
IBC 2012 housing will be arranged with the Carlyle Suites in Downtown Washington, DC. Please arrange housing with the Osgood Center to receive tax-free group rates.
International Business Conference Fees and Cost Sheet (2012)
|(Inclusive of the programs dates only. Housing between programs
available for additional charge)
Please contact us for group discounts.
POLICIES REGARDING FEES:
- Application fee - due with the application (non-refundable)
- Program fee - June 1, 2012(not refundable after the due date)
- Housing fee (optional) - June 18, 2012 (not refundable after the due date)
WAIVER: Each student must provide his or her own medical insurance, and each student is responsible for observing the laws of Washington, D.C. and the rules and procedures of the hotel. Students must sign waivers upon arrival to the Osgood Center. Registration for the IBC will remain open until June 10, 2012. However, enrollment at a later date is not guaranteed due to limited space.
For more information, please contact us:
Osgood Center for International Studies
1629 K. St, NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC, 20006
or call: 202-349-1698, X11698